Beginning Quilting with Sherri Feb 19th 1pm-4pm (also 2/26, 3/4, 3/11
PROJECT: BEGINNING QUILTING
LEVEL: ALL LEVELS
COST: CLASS - $75.00 total for 4 sessions
SUPPLIES - $ COST VARIES according to
your specific project. Any regular
priced fabric or supply purchases
made during class will be
discounted 15%. (Exclusions apply)
INSTRUCTOR: Sherri Stout
MISC SUPPLIES: Sewing Machine in proper working condition. NOTE: If you would like to use one of our classroom machines, please let us know when registering for this class! Class machines are offered for use on a first come, first served basis.
Our BEGINNING QUILTING classes are designed for those interested in learning quilting skills and techniques from A to Z. Our instructor Becky is not able to teach at this time due to family issues. We are instead providing 2 options for beginning quilters.
OPTION 1 : Thursday mornings with Sherri is a more structured 4 week class. The project has been defined (table runner free pattern) and you will be learning all the aspects of quilting (see general steps below). The pattern is free! The entire class will be working on the same project start to finish.
Option 2: Tuesday evenings with Kathy as she guides you through the process of quilt making from beginning to end. See Tuesday classes for details. This is a less structured option
The Steps In Making a Quilt
1. Planning things and basic safety. Deciding on the pattern, getting the fabrics, collecting the notions, like the rotary cutter, mat, pins, etc. Deciding on sewing by hand, or using a working sewing machine.
2. Learning how to safely cut the fabric with the rotary cutter into strips and needed shapes. Sewing the basic units and blocks. Talking about sashing, and general construction.
3. Putting together the center of the top.
4. Adding borders, if wanted.
5. Sandwiching and quilting the quilt.
6. Adding the binding, or finishing the edge of the quilt in some other way.
Our BEGINNING QUILTING classes are designed for those interested in learning quilting skills and techniques from A to Z. Join us to learn all the steps of quilting or join us for any section of the quilting process to improve your skills! Whether you need to choose fabrics, learn how to measure or attach binding, or are interested in instruction on the final quilting process, this is the ideal class for you! Come be a part of our ever growing quilting community.